Friday 15 October 2010

University of Central Lancashire-The Media Factory

I believe the Media Factory best represents the University of Central Lancashire. Like the University it is an innovative building both on the inside and out. The Media Factory is a tall rather garish building that stands out in the sky like of Preston, its green, grey and black colouring means that to some it is considered as an eye. In order to gain many different perspectives from one picture I used photo shop to crop the photograph to the appropriate sizes. The first is the photo of the photo in its original resolution.



















Firstly I cropped the photo to a 100 x 100 pixel thumbnail. Here I have cropped it to show the UCLan logo.









I then cropped the photo to 400 x 300 pixels. Here I have zoomed in on the brick Kirkham building in the background. In order to prevent the building from looking like it is subsiding due to the fact it at an angle compared to the Media Factory I was required to rotate in 5 degrees clockwise before cropping. Which is more of an eye sore?



















This image has been cropped t0 200 x 500 pixel. Is this really a greater eyesore than the red brick building in its shadow? It's fair to say its certainly more aesthetically pleasing.







No comments:

Post a Comment